Homepage Darmstadt Business School
A warm welcome to Darmstadt Business School!
Would you like to study at Darmstadt Business School?
Darmstadt is an “outstanding place of learning for sustainable development” according to UNESCO commission. So we can not blame you for wanting to study here.
With a population of approximately 150,000, Darmstadt is a friendly, medium-sized city very centrally located in Germany. If you crave a bigger city on the weekends – Frankfurt is only 20 minutes away by train! So are other large cities such as Wiesbaden, Mainz and Heidelberg. Darmstadt itself has everything you may need in your day-to-day life: a nice city center, a shopping mall, parks, restaurants, cultural and social events, e.g. the Heinerfest. the Schlossgrabenfest, and other festivals with live music. You can find out more about Darmstadt on our official student international webpage.
Why Darmstadt Business School?
With our nine well-founded and practice-oriented degree programmes, we are currently preparing more than 2,300 students for their professional future and offer international students a broad variety of different business programs and modules.
International students can choose from avariety of German and English-speaking modules across the different programs– on Bachelor or Master level - based on their interest and previous knowledge.
Our Master programs include:
- Business Administration (M.Sc.)/ Energy Management (M.Sc.) as undergraduate/first-degree programs, full time
- International Business Administration (M.Sc.) as well as the MBA (advanced degree programs) as part time or as a dual/integrated degree program
Our Bachelor programs include:
- Business Administration (B.Sc.)/ Logistics Management (B.Sc.)/ Public Management (B.Sc.)/ Energy Management (B.Sc.) as undergraduate/first-degree programs, full time
- International Business Administration (B.Sc.) as part time or as a dual/integrated degree program
More information of the study programs and the modules can be found under Programs. An overview of our English-speaking modules can be found under “Curriculum” on the left-hand side under each study program.
The Darmstadt Business School has two main campuses in Darmstadt and Dieburg. Both are located right in the centre of Germany and in the economic heart of the Rhine-Main region. The campuses can be easily reached from the Frankfurt international airport with public transportation and offer a great starting location for weekend travels within Germany.
Energy Management, Public Management as well as International Business Administration and MBA are held on our Darmstadt campus, and the Business Administration programs and Logistics Management program at our Business Campus in Dieburg. Our virtual 360° tour provides you with a first overview of campuses.
Our teaching philosophy is based on individual and personal exchange with student, practical-oriented classes with strong focus on hands-on experience, projects and close cooperation with companies. Our more than thirty professors have not only scientific expertise but also many years of professional experience in a wide range of disciplines. Together with our partners in practice, they create a diverse and application-oriented range of courses.
We are looking forward to welcome you at had! For more information please consult our website and don’t hesitate to contact us directly with any questions you might have.
Prof. Dr. Christopher Almeling
Contact International Office
Contact International student advisor for Energy Management
Contact International student advisor for Business Administration & Logistics & Public Management
USEFUL INFORMATION ON COURSE SELECTION
- Different English-taught business modules are available in the winter and the summer term. You can find an overview on our webpage under study program à curriculum
- Each study program includes 2-3 electives with different topics every term i.e. Comparing U.S. and German sustainability concepts, Business evolution of smart technologies (BSc: 5 credits / MSc: 6 credits)
- Intensive German courses (4 credits) and semester-long German courses (2.5 credits) are offered (for all levels)
- Interdisciplinary courses i.e. Engineering Ethics, Digital Emotions, European Identities are offered for all international students (2.5 credits)
- As a student at h-da exchange student, of course you are not on your own.
- We can assist you with some administration and practical matters.
- Our welcome & orientation program is there to help you sniff into the German culture and language and to having fun.
- If you would like study at h-da business faculty as an exchange student, click on the link to find out more about application steps and dead-lines.